BN is beyond help. Idiots running amok.
Gutsy Sin Chew Daily senior journalist Tan Hoon Cheng makes Internal Security Act (ISA) history for being detained for the shortest period under the infamous detention-without-trial law – less than 20 hours! She was detained at 8.30 pm on Sept 12th and was release at 4.00 pm the next day (19.5 hours). The reason for her arrest?
According to Home Minister Syed Hamid Albar, Tan was detained for her safety as the police believed her life was “under threat”.
Quoting from Malaysiakini:
Speaking from Johor Baru this morning, Syed Hamid justified Tan’s detention under the ISA with a rare reason that it was as part of the government’s preventive measure ‘to ensure her safety’.
The minister claimed police intelligence have indicated that the journalist’s life came under threat after she reported an Umno division leader’s allegedly racist remarks.
“We have no intention of holding a reporter as after all she was just taking notes of the comments made by a certain party that led to a public debate.
“She maybe released as soon as today after police have obtained all information needed,” Syed Hamid was quoted as saying by Star Online.
Coming from a trained lawyer like him, I don’t know whether I should laugh or cry. It is not funny anymore, making such a preposterous justification for the arrest. Hey, after 19.5 hours in custody, suddenly her life is not at risk anymore? How about the threat? Then, why are they going after the intended victim instead of the perpetrator?
This is the same Home Minister who also said in parliament that the EC decided to cancel the use of the indelible ink during PRU-12 based on police intelligence of a threat impeding but then that turn out to be just ‘hearsay’. So what kind of intelligence is this then ?
Then few months later the police created massive road blocks around KL and according to this Home Minister again, this was done based on ‘special intelligence’ report that the opposition was going to demonstrate massively in front of the parliament… but that also turn out to be not true.
So here we go again.. the latest ISA arrest of the Sin Chew reporter is also on the pretext of ‘police intelligence’. So much of ‘police intelligence’. No wonder Nurin Jazlin killers are still out there, many crime cases are unsolved.
If really her life was at threat, why need to detain her under ISA then ? Oh, I remember Saiful Bukhari was under protection at one time, so why Saiful did not get the same protection under ISA then ? Anyway, since when the draconian ISA law is being used to ‘protect’ people instead ?
From Malaysiakini again:
Journalist to be blamed too.
“The whole thing was started by her, (so) it was best that we talked to her,” Syed Hamid said in reply to a question during a press conference at the federal police headquarters in Bukit Aman today.
Asked to elaborate, Syed Hamid said the ripple effects from Tan’s article had caused “the polemic and fear” thus warranting investigations by the police.
Yes, one day if you found a bomb in KLCC, please keep it to yourself and do not report it to the police, because you may be arrested under the pretext of ‘causing polemic and fear’ and causing panic. With such a dumb explanation, Malaysians cannot be inspired by the confidence that the country has a good, steady, level-headed and solid Minister responsible for national security, law and order.
Here is another one of Hamid’s many dumb explanations in his pathetic attempt to justify the ISA arrests of Tan, Teresa Kok and Raja Petra Kamaruddin:
On why Ahmad was not detained for making racist comments, he explained that Umno had already punished him by suspending him for three years and stripping him of his party posts.
Yeaaahhhh!! That is a so farking very heavy sentence. HA! HA! HA! Suspension. ROTFLMAO!
Syed Hamid interview:
“Q: What do you mean by ‘she started the whole thing’?”
“If you are going to analyse (what I say), I’d be appearing before a defence counsel. Let me say that the (news) report was made by her. Therefore just now when I introduced the subject, I said that we don’t want hearsay information. That information is from her and it was published. (Since) it was published, it is best that we get to the bottom of it by getting the information from her.”
– Wasn’t Najib present during the Ahmad speech? Didn’t he APOLOGIZED?! Isn’t an apology meant that he was there, he witnessed it and he acknowledged that IT HAPPENED?! Hello, you’re world class retard la Syed Hamid!
“Q: Why couldn’t the police just ask her to come in for questioning?”
“When the police feel it is best to bring the person in under the ISA, they will do so. The most important thing is not to exercise unfairness. When they find what they wanted and realise that she is not a security threat and she is not disturbing public order, they release her immediately.”
– The first two sentences already contradict each other. Anyway he is not making any sense, something our ministers are really good at.
“Q: Do you as a minister feel that the ISA arrests were justified?”
“I’m a minister and politician. If I start to interfere, people will say I have a political motive. I cannot interfere with the police.”
– Fucking liar. Let me quote what he said earlier – “The whole thing was started by her, (so) it was best that WE talked to her,”
“Q: Would there be more arrests? People are saying that this is a mini-Operasi Lalang.”
“Really? Let me know if there are more (arrests). You shouldn’t ask me. We have done the arrests and so far there is no other arrests.”
– Notice the last sentence. You know it won’t be too bad if this whole charade is done convincingly and with a little more class.
Syed Hamid Albar is a certified idiot, after ex Information Minister Zam Alakazam, and well a certain infamous certain Sleeping Beauty.
I was browsing some blogs and I across this blog. To lighten the mood, allow me to quote from the blog:
1. In an immediate response, a housewife who has been in debt with Ah Loong (Malaysia money lenders or loan sharks) has applied to the Malaysian Home Minister that she would like to be arrested as soon as possible under ISA.
2. Kevin Rudd is sending an emissary to Malaysia next week, to work with the Malaysian Police, the Malaysian Home Minister and the Malaysian Prime Minister to see how the law could be interpreted in Australia. HE will be pushing his law makers to pass a new law similar to Malaysia that will allow Australians to be detained by the police if they feel threatened by Italian mafia, Chinese gangsters, and all other undesirables.
3. In Singapore, an accountant asked the Singapore government to introduce this new law soon, so that innocent people could find protection from the undesirables.
4. In another breaking news, next to be arrested under the ISA is Miss Tan’s mother who bought vegetables at the Bukit Mertajam market during the Ramadan period as the wet market was alledged to have become very slippery. She is expected to be arrested at her home after coming home from the market for her own safety under the Internal Security Act.
5. The Malaysian police’s ability to nullify a threat to Miss Tan’s life within 20 hours has won accolades throughout the world. FBI, CIA, Mossad and MI-6 will be sending their crack team to Malaysia for intensive field training.
Yes, ISA for protection!! Apply now! I did a poster for Syed Hamid, free of charge, please distribute and help those in need for protection, okay?