Pak Lah is making a cameo appearance as Pak Pandir again.
Government not flip-flop, says PM
By JANE RITIKOS
JAKARTA: The Government should not be accused of being “flip-flop” if it has to make changes to its decisions after taking the people’s interest into consideration, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.
He said any decision that had to be changed due to new developments should be accepted as a good thing.
“If what we had decided is deemed as inappropriate, wrong and not right and we correct it, what has that got to do with being ‘flip-flop’,” he said.
Abdullah, who is here for the Fifth World Islamic Economic Forum, was commenting on the decision to put on hold the toll increases on five highways and the Home Ministry’s decision to rescind a gazette lifting a ban on the use of the word “Allah” by Christian publications.
On the Home Ministry’s decision, the Prime Minister said the policy was already in place but the problem could be due to wrong statements being made.
On the toll increase, Abdullah said the earlier decision was made before the economic situation worsened.
Pak Lah, just a simple question.
Why bother to announce the decision in the first place, only to reverse it later?
How can a government that has been ruling a country for more than half-a-century and claiming to have all the expertise continue to disappoint us in every aspect of their governance? I can’t imagine the future progress of Malaysia with such incompetent ministers administering the government with recurring blunders.
Do you think we can attract investors to this country with such an inconsistent and indecisive government? Yes, perhaps we can find some gullible brave fools with dead brains to risk their multi-million dollar for investment here.
The government repeating flip flops stunts are nauseating, downright repulsive. Today say one thing. Tomorrow do another thing. Get your act together. Is it hard to sit down and TRY to act collectively instead of appearing like bunch of directionless idiots? Just like headless chickens on the run.
And, ever since memorial when the government makes a decision, it would say ‘it’s done with people’s interest, after we taking into consideration their needs bla bla bla’. Of course. I can remember many things you did after taking people’s interest into consideration. From the top of my head:
1. You increase the petrol price, toll rates, electricty rates etc at lighting speed after taking our interest into consideration.
2. You decrease the petrol price at snail’s pace even when the world’s oil price is plummeting, after taking our interest into consideration.
3. You took our money from Employees Provident Fund (EPF) to prop up KLSE, after taking our interest into consideration.
4. You refused to consider the option of buying back the toll concessionaires, after taking our interest into consideration
5. You allow the use of ISA against journalists and MP to protect them, clearly after taking their interest into consideration.
6. You allow corrupted deals and kickbacks in unbelieveable magnitude (eg. submarine deal – RM500 mil) to happen under your nose, after taking people’s interest into consideration.
7. You still haven’t make good of your promise to establish an Independent Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission (IPCMC) as recommended by the Royal Commission for Police Reform. You have no guts, lacked the verve and will to carry out the recommendation and allow the Malaysian Police Force continues to be abhorred and held in contempt as corrupt, inefficient, and politically compromised. I am sure this ‘no decision’ is in accordance with your mantra, ‘taking people’s interest into consideration.’
8. You allow fanatics to prosper under your administration. The latest episode, your glorified son in law made a hate speech incites a group of thugs to kill another Malaysian?? It must be done after taking people’s interest into consideration.
9. You did nothing after countless reports of corruption launched againts the Inspector General of Police, Attorney General, Deputy Minister of Internal Security, Director-General of the Anti-Corruption Agency, PKFZ etc. after taking people’s interest into consideration.
10. You did nothing but making more promises after receiving Auditor-General’s report on gross misappropriation of public funds by a multitude of government departments after taking people’s interest into consideration
11. You allow your party to bulldoze through the Constitution as potrayed in Perak political crisis, after taking people’s interest into consideration.
12. You allow a suspected murderer to take over your place, after taking people’s interest into consideration.
13. Your endless unfulfilled promises and missions, for example here.
14. You lied to us, many times.
I am done listing it out, too many and it’s downright shameful for me as a Malaysian to do it. Nevertheless, I am f*cking assured that every decision this government makes, it is always done in good faith and after taking people’s interest into consideration.
ps: Pak Lah, you are the epitome of stupidity, inability and indignity.
pss: Our judiciary, executive and legislative are in total mess. Judicial Commissioner Ridwan Ibrahim’s ruling on disallowing Sivakumar to have private lawyers is WRONG! State secretary’s directive and using Police and FRUs to stop the members of the state assembly to convene is WRONG!
psss: I am worshipping angsana and mango trees today.