Explosive! Shocking (actually.. not really) expose on the Sarawak Chief Minister, Taib Mahmud – Inside Malaysia’s Shadow State
I iz bek!
Let’s get down to what matters.
This morning at 10am, Al Jazeera news network carried a report on a secret film exposing corruption by Sarawak Chief Minister, Taib Mahmud’s inner circle selling off Sarawak’s land for personal gain. It was an undercover sting carried out by Global Witness revealing the systemic corruption and illegality at the heart of government in Sarawak, Malaysia’s largest state.
Yes, many said that the issue of corruption involving Taib’s family is an open secret “Tell us something we DON’T know’, remarked a friend on Twitter. But how often you get an expose this big, at this scale carried all over the world and a video evidence, in TECHNICOLOUR AND CLEAR SOUND not some grainy low quality pinhole black and white footage with no facial recognition. And of course we to love see the villain say it to our face and laugh maniacally in High Definition, an effect you can’t get from print media.
Global Witnes has a dedicated page for this expose you can access it here - Inside Malaysia’s Shadow State.
Watch the videos for yourself!
Inside Malaysia’s Shadow State (English Version)
Di Sebalik Tabir Sebuah Negeri Di Malaysia (Malay version, and the translation sucks! :P)
After you have watched any of the video, you should have learned few things. In the event you want to grab a nice piece of land in Sarawak, please know make sure you are aware of these things:
1) The ‘People of Subtance” you should go to help you carry out this kind of deal.
2) Amount of kickbacks normally given to/received by Taib for this kind of deal.
3) Evasion of Malaysian Tax. How to evade Malaysian tax, with the help of crooked lawyers and our nice neighbour up north (or down south depending on your location), Singapore. It is not a secret that Singapore is the new Switzerland, a global money laundry, “jurisdiction by choice for.. PEOPLE LIKE US”. Not you and me, of course.
4) Sarawak indigenous people or the natives are “naughty” people and “squatters” in the eyes of Taib’s family who in the words of Alvin Chong, the crooked lawyer for Taib’s family,
“They wouldn’t know how to find a lawyer, would they?”
5) Leaders are generally corrupted. Who isn’t? In the words of Taib’s first cousin,
“I know people are talking about him (Taib Mahmud) being corrupted and all, BUT who ISN’T when they are LEADERS.”
6) Some other notable quotes from the video:
He’s my cousin, so…. *maniacal laughs huahahhahahahahahuhahaha
So… he’s my cousin so it’s quite easy.
Sarawakians have been shafted by greedy politicians like Taib all this while and it is long time to put a STOP to this. Enough is enough!
“If the video of Taib’s corruption in Sarawak does not lead to a revolution in Malaysia, I don’t know what will.”
Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM) and Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia, apa tunggu lagi! Buat kerja lah! And self proclaimed Cyber Activists on Twitter (and social media) *cough cough cough where is your activism spirit??!!