I mentioned in my previous post, I am tired, frustrated and lazy to write politics related posts anymore. I am taking a laksa break from it.
Politics in Malaysia has reached its most absurd, ridiculous and pathetic stage. As I reflected upon the recent events, chancing upon Malaysia-Today, The Dandelions and other social-political blogs, that have been happening in Malaysia, I feel that nature of politics have taken a wrong turn not only in the political arena of both opposition and the ruling parties, but also in the blogosphere.
The blogosphere is now rife with Malaysian conspiracy theories and speculations yet what is the purpose that this knowledge serves? We are not even talking about policies based politics!!! The conspiracies help to increase our frustration, yet it doesn’t help to improve the welfare of the society.
How does knowing about Mumtaz Jaafar’s connection with DSAI sodomy allegations amount to social welfare? How are further revelations of Rosmah’s involvement in the C4 case amount to a better future for the country? Don’t we know enough of the hanky-pankies to convince us enough that the government is bad? Does knowing more conspiracy theories gradually give us god-blessed superpowers to create a better welfare for everyone? No……
What is important now is to seek for knowledge that can help us to tackle the root cause of social inequality. A trivial example will be my $100 question. Do we use $100 to buy 100 bottles of water for a poor family of four because they don’t have access to clean water? Does it improve social inequality? No. it is only temporary solution. If we spend $100 to build a well for them, isn’t that a better long term solution in terms of improving social inequality? We may not use this knowledge immediately, but it will be of practical use in the future, I will it useful investment of knowledge.
But I feel that people fail to see this. In fact, conspiracy based politics have overwhelmed the Malaysian world of blogosphere. Blogs are gradually becoming a part of the dirty Malaysian politics, the very thing they despise. The original intention to seek out and educate the masses is being lost. For them, blogs gradually became a quest for ratings and popularity. They deviated and they begin to dwell ever so deeply into the POLITICKING not politics. They become corrupted by the knowledge of POLITICKING, the very thing they despise when they use the knowledge of POLITICKING for their own selfish ambitions.
Conspiracy and politicking based politics make for good headlines, but this knowledge is of zero value to the society. I am sad. I know how popular blogs can churn out meanies. They should reassess their priorities of political blogs.
For the last time, I leave you all with these questions. I saw this comment at Penarik Beca‘s blog.
Jeyklls and Hydes in Malaysia. Are you?
Malaysians in dilemma? So many events and news both real and unreal. Don’t know who to believe? Bombarded with too much spins. These are the quotes, we now hear.
“Give up”, “Fed up”, “Wait and See”, “Lost interest”, “Headache”, “Cannot believe anyone”, “Who to believe ah?”, “Niamah”, “Pening kepala”, “Pening otak”, “Sudah lah”, “Pi mampus”, “Insyallah (God Willing)” or raise your palm and fist and put them together on National tv or www.Youtube.com or www.malaysiakini.com or www.Malaysia-today.net or other blogs.
Why? Because it depends on what you want to perceive and your bias toward your own race, color, religion, party, groups, interests, superiority or plain dumbness.
That makes you something of a Jeykll and Hyde if you can’t differentiate between facts and fictions, good and evil, right and wrong, true or false. Too many Malaysians can’t decide now whether to become Jeykll or whether to become Hyde or when to become Jeykll or when to become Hyde.
Think hard and search your conscience from deep within and “Viola” you can differenciate between Night from Day. Throw out bias towards race, creed, superiority, affiliations, religion and beliefs, greed, power, cronyism etc and then see whether some of the things happening around is right or wrong , true or false, evil or good, facts or fiction.
1. Altantuya was killed and blown to bits. (Fact or Fiction).
2. Sodomy is as evil as murder. (True or False).
3. Anyone accused are innocent until proven guilty. (True or False).
4. Statutory Declarations and Police reports can be made to fool people. (True/False).
5. Any man or woman will swear on his religion or beliefs to save his own skin. (True/False).
6. Race superiority is needed to rule Malaysians. (Fact or Fiction).
7. Religious superiority is needed to rule Malaysians. (Fact or Fiction).
8. All poor people need to be helped by Government. (True or False).
9. Corruption is a fact of life and should be tolerated. (Fact or Fiction).
10. ISA is needed because prevention is better than cure. (Fact or Fiction).
11. Free education is a right for all Malaysian children. (True or False).
12. Free healthcare is a right of all Malaysians. (True/False).
13. Free speech is a right of all Malaysians. (True/False).
14. Freedom of religions and beliefs is a right of all Malaysians. (True/False).
15. Liberty is a right of all Malaysians. (True/False).
16. All Malaysians and the world can be converted to a single culture, religion, race in future. (Fact or Fiction).
17. The next PM of Malaysia will follow R.A.H.M.A.N theory. (Fact or Fiction).
18. All Malaysian Malays are poor and lazy. (Fact or Fiction).
19. All Malaysian Chinese are rich and gamblers. (Fact or Fiction).
20. All Malaysian Indians are drinkers and liars. (Fact or Fiction).
21. All East Malaysians are inferior to West Malaysians. (Fact or Fiction).
22. Only Barisan Nasional (BN) can govern Malaysia. (Fact or Fiction).
23. Only UMNO can take care of Malaysian Malay’s and other Bumiputeras interest. (Fact or Fiction).
24. Only MCA can take care of Malaysian Chinese’s interest. (Fact or Fiction).
25. Only MIC can take care of Malaysian Indian’s interest. (Fact or Fiction).
26. Only Gerakan can take care of Malaysian’s interest. (Fact or Fiction).
27. Only PKR can take care of Malaysian’s interest. (Fact or Fiction).
28. Only PAS can take care of Moslem’s interest. (Fact or Fiction).
29. Only Hindraf can take care of Hindu’s interest. (Fact or Fiction).
30. Only PBDS can take care of Sarawakian’s Bumi interest. (Fact or Fiction).
31. Only UMNO Sabah can take care of Sabahan’s Bumi interest. (Fact or Fiction).
32. All Jews are intelligent and corrupted. (True/False).
33. All Africans are corrupted and murderers. (True or False).
34. All Westerners are corrupted and evil. (True or False).
35. All Chinese are communists. (True or False).
36. All Indians are Hindus. (True or False).
37. All Malays are Moslems. (True or False).
To be continued……
ps: Self reassessment in progress